5.20. The crankshaft - installation and check of gaps of radical bearings
1. Arrange the block so that the lower part was turned up. On 4-cylinder engines establish an oil separator with a grid (photo).
2. Turn out bolts of covers, get covers and spread out them as their installation.
Get from covers and the block of cylinders inserts of old radical bearings and wipe covers and beds absolutely.
3. Clear an external surface of the new radical inserts having oil flutes, and enclose them in beds of the block of cylinders. Enclose the corresponding reciprocal inserts in covers. Make sure that the ledge on an insert coincides with selection on the block or on a cover, Besides, the opening of the oil channel in a bed of the block of cylinders has to be combined with an opening in an insert (photo).
Are not allowed installation of an insert on places, blows of the hammer, and also drawing scratches at installation.
At this stage not to grease an insert.
4. On V6 engines the insert with a fillet is established in a back cover and a bed of the block of cylinders, on 4-cylinder engines such insert is established in an average cover.
5. Install the crankshaft and measure gaps in radical inserts. For this purpose put on a piece of a calibration wire on each radical neck of the crankshaft parallel to its axis (photo). Clear surfaces of inserts in covers, establish covers and tighten bolts in three steps with the set moment in the specified sequence (photo). Turn off bolts and carefully lift covers, compare thickness of each of crushed a provolok with a scale on packing and determine the size of a gap (photo).
6. If the gap does not meet standard, then the wrong selection of dimensional group of inserts can be the cause. Make sure that at measurements between bearings and surfaces of covers were absent - pollution or oil. If width of the crushed wire on the ends strongly differs, then the radical neck of the crankshaft has conicity.
7. Remove the remains of a wire from necks and remove the crankshaft.
8. Grease radical necks of the crankshaft and install in the block of cylinders. Establish covers on former places so that shooters were turned towards a forward part of the engine. On 4-cylinder engines the back cover is established on sealant (photo).
9. Tighten bolts in three steps with the set moment.
10. Install the directing bearing in the crankshaft (on the car from the manual transmission).
11. Check freedom of rotation of the crankshaft.
12. Check an axial side play of the crankshaft (see above).
13. On 4-cylinder engines establish side a sealant (photo).
20.8 Installation of a back cover on 4-cylinder engines 1. Block of cylinders 2. Back cover 3. Places of putting sealant